The Kindness of Strangers

A few weeks ago, a friend e-mailed me to say that one of her friends who was down-sizing, had some paintings by my mother’s second cousin, Marie Tiffany. She is the cousin who introduced my American mother to my British father, resulting in four {charming} children, of which I am the second. I told the story here.

Today, I met my friend for lunch and to pick up the paintings. This one isn’t marked, but it’s very familiar to me. I wonder if it’s not the spire of the First & Franklin Street Church, peeking above some of the surrounding apartments and row houses in the Mount Vernon section of Baltimore. Any ideas?

The second painting is of Tyson Street, where Marie and her husband lived, along with a group of artists.  I know that it’s Tyson Street for several reasons: I know the area pretty well; I have another painting of the same street, from a slightly different view point, imageand finally, because it’s marked!The paintings are signed, but not dated. I am guessing 1950’s though. They are not framed, but I like the raw canvas edges on them, and will probably hang them this way.

I am constantly humbled and grateful for lovely and kind gestures like this one, and I deeply appreciate it! Thank you so much!!

Related product you might see:

Share this product :

Posting Komentar

 
Copyright © 2012. Design - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger