What I forgot to mention in the recitation of my fun weekend was what Connor did.
When I came back from Ladew on Saturday afternoon, I saw that there was debris from the roof on my small front lawn. My heart just stopped because I knew that there hadn’t been any storms, and the weather hadn’t been bad.
But Connor had been bad. He’d lunged through the screen in my bedroom and gotten onto the roof. The neighbour tells me that he watched Connor chew off the gutter guards and then get bored with that and lie in the sun for a while.
At some point, he hopped back into the house through the torn screen. And when I came home, he came trotting down the stairs, sweet as pie, acting like nothing at all had happened. Meanwhile, I was and am just sick thinking about what could have happened.
Bottom line: no windows open at all. This kills me because I love having the windows open, especially this time of year when the breezes are cool and fresh. And any new screens I get will have heavy duty screening.
Posting Komentar